Back End Developer
Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company that brings teachers, students and parents together. We’re used by hundreds of leading schools globally, and have offices in the UK and Sydney. We are currently growing our team.
We’re on the lookout for a talented software engineer to join our Back-End Team. You’ll be reporting directly to Back-End Lead and working closely with the larger development team including PMs, product managers, designers, front-end developers and testers
- Responsible for the development of new features, extend and improve the existing codebase, participate in design sessions and occasionally fix existing bugs.
- Contribute to the development of the platform by improving performances and quality of the codebase, internal process and tools.
- Work with third-party products for implementing integrations.
- Actively participate and contribute to the agile ceremonies and team activities.
- Relevant experience working on interesting systems/products and developing mainly in C# and SQL Server
- Can write maintainable code and knows when to use appropriate design patterns
- Understands how to design a data model and can implement database logic in T-SQL
- Familiar with testing techniques and knows the trade-offs of defensive programming
- Experience developing web APIs using WCF or any other industry standard tech
- Understanding of various application architectures and have exposure to PaaS and cloud development patterns
- Knowledge of integrating external software and components
- Keen to learn new technologies and not afraid of working with front-end code from time to time
- C#, SQL Server
- Experience in web APIs development
- Strong OO design skills
- Agile principles
- Front-end technologies (such as react+redux)
- Cloud development (Azure/AWS)
- Application and database performance optimisation (benchmarking/tracing/profiling)
- Scripting and task automation (automated builds, deployment, CI)