Events Marketing Executive
Firefly Learning is an award-winning EdTech company used by hundreds of leading schools globally to bring together teachers, students and parents. We recently raised the largest Series A investment in UK EdTech, at £4.5 million – this is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing team and company.
The teams in London and Sydney are made up by a mixture of expert teachers, designers, technologists and more, we're united by our ambition to transform learning by empowering teachers, students and parents.
The Events Marketing Executive is responsible for Firefly’s events and Firefly’s presence at external conferences, exhibitions and tradeshows.
Firefly produces events in the UK, in Australia with support from its Sydney office, and internationally. This includes a flagship UK event, and a number of smaller regional events. Some events will cater for existing clients, others for prospects, or a mix of both.
In turn, Firefly attends external events throughout the year to drive leads and brand awareness, these may require exhibiting, sponsorship or speaking opportunities.
This role is responsible for all event lifecycles, and will work closely with the rest of the marketing team and other stakeholders in the business. The role reports into the Marketing Manager.
- Strategically research and develop Firefly’s event schedule, including which events to attend, budget and related KPIs.
- Manage - often remotely - Firefly’s presence at events, including a high quality, consistent brand identity, logistics and attendees.
- Analyse the success of events attended and ensure necessary follow up is arranged.
- Negotiate with third party stakeholders, such as venues and suppliers.
- Develop Firefly’s events, including format, speaker acquisition and logistics.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create compelling content and develop event marketing strategy.
- Lead the department’s use of our event management tool (Cvent) and its integration with our marketing automation software (Marketo).
- Develop and optimise both Firefly’s events and Firefly’s presence at external events, in line with the department’s KPIs.
- Support the work of the Event Assistant, located in Australia.
- Control Firefly’s UK marketing collateral stock and reorder as required.
- Experience in all aspect of the full lifecycle of events and conferences, in the UK and internationally.
- Prepared to make decisions on strategy and budget.
- Quick to react to the unexpected or make effective changes as and when required.
- Understand how events fit into a company’s wider marketing output.
- 25 days holiday (plus 3 additional days over Christmas),
- £1000 training budget per year,
- Discounted gym,
- Childcare vouchers,
- Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee option scheme
- Monday lunch and fresh fruit daily.